Pages

12.1.12

Linocuts








I have decided to set up a mini studio in my own house and try linocutting (again… after a failed attempt years ago, during college, when the linoleum was so hard and so painful to cut. That was grounds for a secret hatred for the technique and for all those that managed to master it successfully). 

Therefore 2012 is the linocut redemption year.  I have to admit, it is so great to get your hands dirty after so much digital work. As for the colors, I really like the fact that they are easy to clean up just with water, even though  they do dry up fast on your brayer.

I really enjoy experimenting and this is my second try with these new tools (my first one was of course Mr. Fox :) Looks like there might be a chance linocutting becomes my new passion. 







No comments: